We are looking for a skilled Engineering Manager with a collaborative growth mindset.
As Engineering Manager at Futurehome, you will report to the CTO and have strategic input into the company, being responsible for the process of delivering our energy management and smart home solutions. You will have the opportunity to drive performance and cross-functional collaboration using your technical project management expertise. Together with our CTO, you will be leading the team to build a successful, passion-filled, scalable, international organization. You will be co-creating a system that connects thousands of homes and is used by millions of people.
This is an ideal position for a person with well-established, versatile management knowledge who can flexibly select the most effective method of working to meet the current needs of the organization. We are looking for a person with a deep understanding of other people’s needs and potential, and sensitive to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strive for our work environment to be filled with mutual respect and a natural desire to work together so that daily responsibilities are fulfilling for everyone, being an opportunity for self-development.
Our technical team is mainly located in Krakow (Jasnogorska 1), but we cooperate with offices in Norway and remote workers placed in different European countries.
- Leading team collaboration and proactively taking care of smooth communication between cross-functional teams, and ensuring that all communication channels work.
- Motivating employees to create good quality products within a certain timeframe and resources (especially by making sure people understand what they are doing and why they are doing it).
- Being up to date with all company activities from product and technology area and keeping team members connected to overall team status and progress, vision, and mission
- Being a strong and challenging partner for all stakeholders, actively establishing efficient cross-functional processes.
- Monitoring and improving the product and project delivery process (both on the management and on the product side).
- Prioritizing and planning projects and tasks (including workforce and capacity forecasting).
- Being responsible for the project budget management.
- Efficiently managing project change and technology risk.
- Understanding the limitations of the technology and being able to explain them clearly and propose alternative solutions when needed.
- Translating product requirements into tech language and making sure that everybody is on the same page.
- Managing technology debt.
- Empowering and developing leaders in their positions.
- Transcending concern for a safe and inclusive work environment.
- Experience in elaborating business requirements and working with technical teams to see them through to being delivered.
- At least 3 years of experience as an engineering manager/delivery manager.
- Working experience as an engineer/tech lead.
- Experience working with a product team.
- Experience leading cross-functional collaboration, especially with designers, developers and other product-related functions.
- Success stories of delivering products to the market.
- Working experience in a managerial position in an international, dispersed team work environment.
- Working knowledge of Tech Project and Program Management, including change management skills.
- Awareness and a thoughtful way to determine KPI, capacity planning and risk management.
- Process optimization focused individual.
- Hands-on approach to solving technical problems.
- Open-minded and flexible person.
- Very good communication skills.
- Natural leadership skills.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
Nice to have
- General knowledge of IoT, smart homes or embedded systems.
- Previous experience as Software Engineer or Electronics Engineer.
- Experience working in squad-based project management setup.
- Relevant certifications (SAFe, PRINCE2, PMP, CSM, PSM, etc).
- Technical education.
- UX understanding, awareness of the user-centric perspective.
- Readiness to work primarily from our Kraków offie.
- B2b contract or employment contract.
- We are office-first, but there is the possibility of remote work.
- Multisport package and language lessons (Norwegian and English).
- Work equipment that makes work more comfortable.
- Learning and development budget.
- Being part of an international working environment with passionate people and a short decision path (with plenty of room for proactivity!).
- Opportunity to work on breakthrough projects with the latest IoT technologies.
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development in a high-profile team.
- Great upskilling opportunities – option to participate in multiple learning initiatives, meetups, and internal projects.